Our family

Our family
Christmas 2010

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Singing in the car

The boys & I love singing in the car. I've ALWAYS loved singing in the car and I've been anxious to get them singing from the beginning. I would buy children's music CDs and we would listen to them over and over until I was so tired of "I've been working on the railroad" that I couldn't stand it. I just kept reminding myself of the story my mom would tell of me singing the Grease soundtrack at 3 & 4 years old. I kept wanting them to want to sing in the car as much I like to do it. I think Ethan was around 3 or 4 when he started belting out "Life is a Highway" from the movie "Cars". We now take turns with the iPod. When it's your turn you get to make a pick. We kind of go through phases. They love Adele singing "Chasing Pavements" which just happened to download on my iPod without my knowing, but oh well...it's been well worth the "free" price tag. The like some that I downloaded because I love Hip Hop class, so "Right Round" "Mercy" "Boom Boom Pow" are also favorites. One long lasting one that's been a pick for a while is one of my favorites by Kenny Chesney "Way down here". But I have to say if they are singing a soundtrack (like i did to Grease), I'd have to say that "Never Say Never" by Justin Bieber is the new winner. I took them to the movie on a whim because I wanted to hear the background story on this up & coming kid. I was impressed with how hard he's had to work to where he's gotten and how he would like to be a normal kid (even though everyone knows he's given up normal for fame). Needless to say we've been listening to a few of Justin Bieber's songs ever since we saw the movie. And I love watching them dancing in the backseat. I'm so glad they are interested in singing (however badly they happen to sing) in the car!

No comments: