Our family

Our family
Christmas 2010

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Not as bad as it seems

This week was extremely long and stressful at work and while I was getting buried in all the negativity of a co-worker and the upcoming changes to our work location I didn't stop to think about how good we actually have it. When we were invited by Tony & Eileen Kamp to go to Happy Hour, I realized that we are truly blessed. While they are blessed to have little Wyatt running around like a typical (almost) three year old and have him thriving (on the outside anyway), they have gone through something I can only begin to imagine. I can't even being to fathom all of the stress, heartache, highs and lows they've gone through since Wyatt's diagnosis at 4 months old. Ethan's hospitalization for dehydration and possible kidney issues (still showing negative at this point) was enough to do me under. It was a perfect way to get out of the negative funk to get together with them and let the boys be boys and play with Eric & Wyatt. Plus as the added bonus to get to hold that cute baby Savannah! I love our boys and while I am let down from time to time that we don't have a girl, I would not trade them for anything....so having a cute little girl nearby is always a good thing. As for work, I'm just going to keep plugging along and not worry about negative co-workers and try to embrace the move to 4th floor when it happens. If anything, I will enjoy some more flexibility in dropping off/picking up the boys once school starts which is NOT a bad thing at all, right?

No comments: