Our family

Our family
Christmas 2010

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Japan Earthquake and Tsunami 2011

The video and pictures from the Tsunami and Earthquake in Japan are so surreal. I can't even begin to imagine what that would be like to be there and be in that madness and all of the chaos that will follow in the aftermath. My heart goes out to all of the families that have lost loved ones. It makes you feel so helpless sitting in the comfort of your own home while you're watching people suffer on the other side of the world. There was nothing they did or could have done to prevent this. There was no war that caused this. There was no way to predict it. It seems so unfair and I just hope that somehow in some way they get some sort of comfort in the coming weeks, months, years. I don't know how this would happen either. I just wish there was some way to help and know that whatever we are doing (be it giving money or whatever else) know that it was actually helping. My heart and prayers go out to all of the communities in Japan, Hawaii, and on the West Coast that have been affected in this incredible disaster.

No comments: